Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Original Video Vixen?!?!?!?!?!

I was just talking about this YESTERDAY! I did an interview with a magazine recently and this is one of the questions that was asked.

Mike TRIBE!: It's not an easy thing being in the media is it?

Nikki Woods: No, it's not but I know it's what God has called me to do.

Nikki Woods: Young girls need to see women who really care about them and want the best for them.

Nikki Woods: Women who are strong and beautiful and don't need to shake their butt to get ahead in life.


So it was more than a little interesting that I should get an email today containing this documentary about a woman named Sara Bartman. The content speaks for itself but I have to say as I sat and watched it - I started crying. It hurts to see women being exploited so visciously centuries ago but it hurts moreso today because a lot of it is by choice. Sure we can get political and say that some make the choice because they feel they have no choice but when are we (and I'm talking to the Ladies) going to stand up and reclaim our power. It's the main reason why Tonya and I started the organization A Million Women Strong. We want to empower women to do what they really want in life - not what they feel they have to just to survive. We are in the trenches. We are ready and willing to do what it takes to make a difference. Are u?

No comments: